Fellowship Saved My Life


  I took a deep breath and I walked in.  To my amazement, everyone smiled at me.  People I had never met before were shaking my hand and hugging me.  I walked as fast as I could to find a seat and look inconspicuous.  I was just blown away at the response of these strangers.  Wow, I mean they don't even know me and they are so welcoming.  With this I sat back and watched as service began.  I am a people watcher.  I am looking at everyone and everything.  When I tell you that you could feel the presence of God in this place, I mean goose-bumps on your arms and tears falling out of your eyes and you don't even remember starting to cry.
    I felt like I had come home.  Now, I moved from South Florida when I was a junior in high school.  Before, I moved I was involved sporadically in youth group down there.  When I moved up here to the Florida Panhandle, I knew absolutely no one.  I went to several different churches and nothing answered my soul like it did at Carrabelle Christian Center.  Now, I am not trying to say that CCC is the only church you will find God at, I am saying that this was the place God intended me to be.  I had to go through nine years of hell before I found this place.  And when I walked through the doors, I felt home. 

    You see for years I felt I could "do" my Christian walk by myself.  Ha Ha.  By myself.  Pretty self-serving, Don't you think?  Well, God didn't intend for any of us to do anything by ourselves and He encouraged us to fellowship with one another.  Why fellowship?  Why go to church?  If God is in my heart, why do I need to take myself to church?  It's very simple:
 You have a family that cares about you
When you start to falter they encourage you
Someone is going through the same thing you are and need the same support you do
You get to worship God with others (When praise goes up, Blessings come down)
We need to be in a body where our spiritual need can be met

    Fellowship saved my life.  Every time I felt overwhelmed I had someone to answer my questions.  There is nothing like seeing other people love your God.  I say my God because He is mine.  Just as He is yours.  When you come together in a church body you open yourself to relationships that are Godly.  I couldn't remember being able to commune with anyone with the same beliefs as me in so long.  It is a good feeling.  I encourage everyone who is trying to walk with God, find a local church, find a place where you can fellowship with others.  Find a place where you can lay your burdens down and have a family lift you up.  I can admit that if it wasn't for my fellowship I probably would have back-slid.  I am not saying that I am perfect because I miss it all the time.  But, without my church family I would be missing it even more.  I feel like they nurture and encourage you.  Which opens you up to love God even more.
                          Love in Christ,
                                Kristine

Comments

  1. So true Kristine. My church family has been there for me through many hard times in my life. I am thankful that God gives us other believers to encourage us and it gives us the chance to encourage others.

    I found you when I welcomed you to CWO just now. Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Julie. It is good to meet you too. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"