Change Me.....Part Three

WALK THE TALK
          Lesson Five, if you say you are of Christ then let your actions reflect your words.  Each step you take is a witness to the world.  Do you want others to love Christ as you do?  How you speak and how you act are reflections of Christ in you.  I want to be a reflection of something good to others.  I want to know that when I talk about God they aren’t thinking about other things.  I want to know that the focus is not on what I do wrong on a daily basis.  I want them to see the loving God I serve.
  I was raised in the church.  I fell off the wagon when I was a teenager and young adult.  I lived as far from God as I could be.  I started going back to church when I was in my early twenties and I fell off again.  I was trying to serve two masters and you can’t do that.  So now here I am back again.  I want to be the person God intended me to be.  I am going to walk the walk he set out for me from the beginning.  It took a lot of pot holes and wrong turns but I am back. 
Psalm 86:11, states “Teach me your way O LORD; I walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name.”  Right there it says, “I walk in your truth”.  You can’t go wrong if you are walking in the Lord’s truth.  I looked up what walk means in the Bible Dictionary.  Walk refers to a man/woman’s mode of life.  The choice they make, whether to live carnally or spiritually.  In the Webster’s Dictionary “walk” is:
·        To advance by steps
·        To be in motion
·        To pursue a course of life
And, etc.  So again, we as human beings have a choice whether we walk with God or not.  You can’t let your mouth be the only thing moving.  What you say can be wonderful if there is action behind it. 


ENDURE TRIALS, TRIBULATIONS, AND TEMPTATION:
          Lesson Six, “Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him.” James 1:12.  Being a Christian does not excuse you from reality.  The reality is that we live on earth and it is imperfect.  We will have just as many problems as non-believers do.  Most of the time, many more because we are walking for the Lord and the devil wants to stop us.  The more you go through, the more you should praise God.  Those who keep their faith and endure trying times will be blessed in the end.
          Our flesh cries out that we want blessings, “Now!” But, in order to appreciate the good of life and the magnificence of God, we must go through things.  Another verse that has really spoken to me is from the Book of John in the New Testament.  Chapter 16 verse 33 says, “These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”  No matter what I go through, No matter what you go through, there should be a peace within us.  Jesus won.  He conquered the world.  He beat death.  We will not have a perfect life, but as long as we remain strong in our faith, Stand firm in our beliefs, and go through what we must without forgetting that God is for us; we will benefit when it’s the right time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"