I have a question for myself that might apply to you too.  Do I truly trust God with all I have?  This means trusting Him when everything is going wrong.  Do I trust Him when my car won't start, when it looks like rent won't get paid, when a family member gets sick, when I get sick, when I am layed off of my job, when my grades aren't what they should be, when the lights are going to go off and my bank account is sick?  Do I trust Him with everything?
    Trust has many definitions:
1.) the assured resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person
2.) confidence
3.) reliance
4.) to give credit to
5.) to risk

    1 Corinthians 2:5 states, " So that your trust might rest not on the wisdom of man, but on the power of God."  If I am looking at it from a world view;  No, I will not be able to pay my bills without money, or pass a class that I am not doing well in, or be healed when I am sick.  My car won't start and the lights will go off.  But, I if I put my trust in the power of God anything is possible.  I might receive a blessing that without that trust, without that hope, or faith I might not receive. 
    There is no fear in trust.  There is no worry in trust.  There is peace, obedience and patience in trust.  Do you see what I mean?  If you pray about it, Why are you worrying about it?  Why are you afraid?  If you obey God and are patient He will provide.  I have seen this in my life.  But, I know that there are still times when I fear,  when my flesh is mad at my circumstances and itching to fix it myself.  Even, though I know that if I could fix it myself I wouldn't be in the predicament I am in. 
    1 Peter 1: 8 expresses a feeling and a lifestyle that I want more than anything.  It says,"You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy." I have never seen God.  I have never seen Jesus but I know they are there.  I have felt the Holy Spirit move in my life.  I love God without having to see Him on a daily basis.  I have seen what He can do.  He has lifted me out of some pretty rough situations.  Situations where I know that no one but God could have done this.
    God moves in our life in His own time.  He wants us to know without a doubt that He is God.  He is Lord.  He is Everything.  Sometimes those scary situations are what brings us to God on our knees.  He wants our trust and our confidence.  He doesn't want the waves to knock us back or the wind to blow us any which way.  Because if our unfailing trust is in Him, nothing can move us or shake us, but Him.  But Him.... those are some powerful words.
     But God....  God can do anything He pleases.  Sometimes He doesn't fix our situations because He wants us to rely on Him more than anything.  Those quick fixes might help at the moment, but in the long run they might hinder us.  We should trust God in the quiet moments when life is going crazy and we don't feel like He is with us.  You might ask, Why?  Why trust in something you can't feel or that you can't see?
    Why don't you try it and see for yourself what happens.  Trust in the Lord with all of you.  This opens the door for miracles to happen.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"