There is no "I" in God

       Okay, I am just going to get real with everyone.  I want everyone to get a pen and a piece of paper.  Now spell God.  Spell Lord, and Spell Jesus.  On my paper, I see, “G-O-D, L-O-R-D, and J-E-S-U-S.”  Now maybe I am mistaken, but on my paper I see no “I’s” anywhere

     I am sure you are wondering what my point is. Well, I have no problem telling you. As Christians, we have become too "I" centered. What "I" want. What "I" need. Add "Me" and "My" and we could have a party.

       It is time to take "I" out of the picture. Hmmm. What do you have left if "I" is gone, or "me", or "you"? What does that leave? It leaves us with a new beginning, with a new realization and with a new perspective.

      Everything we do should be revolved on a He. I am not talking about the cute guy at the grocery store. I am not referring to our husbands or boyfriends. I am not even talking about our earthly fathers. I am speaking of our Heavenly Father, our Lord and Savior, our Mighty God.
So, we can’t focus on ourselves. We can’t focus on cute guys or handsome husbands. Hmmm. This just keeps getting worse and worse, doesn’t it? Can I tell you something?

     Dying to self will be one of the hardest things you do. One of the hardest but most rewarding things you ever do. At church tonight, Brother Don talked about coming to God wholeheartedly and not living in a divided house. If our hearts and soul are centered on God and we come to Him in complete submission, the blessings that will start to happen will be beyond our understanding.

   Romans 12:1-8
12I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect. 3For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function, 5so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another. 6We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophecy, in proportion to faith; 7ministry, in ministering; the teacher, in teaching; 8the exhorter, in exhortation; the giver, in generosity; the leader, in diligence; the compassionate, in cheerfulness.

      "Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought……. In accordance with what God has given you." Now I skipped around a little bit but can you see what I see? It’s the same thing that Brother Don talked about in church tonight. God has given us everything we have. Our life, our home, our car, our children (if you have kids), He has given us everything we have!!
      How dare we be centered on ourselves, when without God we would be nothing? Without God we can do nothing. We try to be self-sufficient. We try to solve all of our problems by ourselves. We try to take credit for what God has done in our lives. We are very much, "Me, Me, Me kinds of people."

       Have you ever been having a really bad day and you call your best friend and no matter how bad you really want to share your problems with them, they always have a problem just like yours, or one that is ten-times worse than yours or they cut into what you are saying and start talking about how great their day was? Imagine how God feels when He is trying to speak to us and we are so concerned with ourselves that we aren’t hearing Him.
Here is my challenge to you. Start putting God first and you last and see what happens. God Bless!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"