We Never Walk Alone

I work for the Department of Corrections, and our motto is "We Never Walk Alone." We know when we get to work that we might get into a potentially dangerous situation. Tonight, I was in the breeze way with a coworker, talking, and I looked up for the briefest moment and laid eyes on our shield. Above it states our motto. It clicked in my mind, wow, if I applied this to everyday life, I might get along better throughout my day.
As a Christian, I know that God is with me all of the time. I know that Christ lives in me, at all times. When I am at work, I am never with an inmate by myself. If circumstances demand that I am by myself, an officer is only a short distance away, if needed. The cameras are always on us and help is never far away. I trust in my officer, that if a situation was to present itself, that they will be there when I need them the most. If I can rely on them to be there for me when I need them, why do I have to remind myself that I can call on God for any troubling situation? At work, it is second nature and in the back of my mind that no matter what comes up, someone has my back 100%. If that is the truth at work, then the truth at all times is that My God has my back 100% and more. That the trust I have in my officer is based upon the trust I have in God, because He is the one that really is protecting me.
I am sure that everyone has heard or seen the poem, "Footprints in the Sand." If not I will include it: (Please Read)
Foot Prints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been
one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

When times get hard and we feel alone, we need to remember that God is not far away. He is right there beside us. He is waiting on us to walk with Him and in Him. He wants us to ask for His assistance. He wants us to love Him more than anything else. He wants us to trust in Him. When we do this, He provides for us. He carries us. He protects us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"