Is He your back-up plan?

           

 "But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life."
                                                                        1 Corinthians 8:6 (NLT)
1.)   God is our source
2.)  He provides for us
3.)  We should be dependent on Him
I was talking with a coworker the other day and as I was listening to her a question popped up in my mind.  “Is God my source or my back-up plan?”  Do I fully rely on Him all the time or only when times get rough? 
As a people, we tend to get so busy with life that we forget what it is like to sit down and be still.  It takes heartache or hard times to push us against the wall and knock us out, so to speak.  God intended for us to be all about Him.  In the New Testament it shows Jesus taking time to be with God.  All the busy things going on, people to be healed, water to be walked on, lessons to be taught, and He still took out time to sit down with God and pray.  Not only did he pray, He listened to what God had for Him.  He let God direct His path.  He waited for God’s direction to come. (Mark 1:35)
There are some key phrases there: Wait, Be Directed, and Listen. 
1.)  When you are unsure of what you should do, Wait and Pray
2.)  Let God talk to you and direct your path
3.)  Listen to what He has to say and Do what He has to say
Don’t let this world take over so much that you forget to pray.  Don’t allow so much to take over that your time with God is diminished or non-existent. 

I know for myself that I want God to be my source.  He already is my source but I have to remind myself that God can do it.  That He is who He says He is and can do what He says He can do.  I don’t want to just spend time with God when the storms come through.  I want the full brightness of God in my life.  I want the power source that never fails.  I don’t want the backup generator that works only when I remember to put the gas in it.

God Bless,
Kristine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"