Bible Study- Fear, Part 2

Here is Part 2 of my notes on Fear.  I hope you enjoy them.  There are hundreds of scriptures to choose from.  Add to the list!!! Prayers for your day, Kristine!!


II TIMOTHY 4:18- “The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.  To him be the glory forever and ever.  Amen.”
{If you feel you are facing a life and death situation, know that God will see you through until the end.}
JOHN 14:27- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
{The Holy Spirit works in our lives to give us deep and lasting peace.  Confident assurance in any circumstance.  The peace of God moves into our hearts to restrain any hostile forces and offer comfort, as opposed to conflict.  Allow the Holy Spirit to fill you and give you this peace.}
PSALM 37:1,2- “ Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.”
{Do not want what unbelievers have.  They may be prosperous materialistically, but spiritually they are bankrupt.  When it is time to go home with Jesus all their riches will disappear and our riches will last forever.}
LUKE 12:4,5- “ I tell you my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.  But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell.  Yes, I tell you fear him.”
{When you are afraid of opposition and ridicule, it hurts your witness for Christ.  Do not cling to peace and comfort; do not allow fear of people or groups to prevent you from standing your ground for Christ.}
MATTHEW 11:28,29,30- “ Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
{You may be carrying heavy burdens: (1) sin, (2) excessive demands of religious leaders, (3) oppression and persecution, (4) weariness in search for God.  The rest that is promised includes: love, healing, and peace with God.  Meaningless wearisome toil changes to spiritual productivity and purpose.}
PSALM 27:1, 2, 3- “The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?  When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.  Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.”
{Fear imprisons you.  Trust the Lord your God to dispel the darkness of fear. }
PSALM 118:6- “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?”
{Man can try to accomplish all sorts of things against us.  But God has plans for us. He will not allow the evil to conquer us.  He may let things occur and continue to occur for a little while.  But this is the time he uses to teach, encourage and strengthen us.  There are bigger battles ahead.  So stay strong in the Word and know what God has promised you.  If you know our inheritance, then you will be comforted by the wisdom and knowledge that comes from knowing our God has the end written and we are the victors.}



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"