Long Absence



Dear Readers,
                                I apologize that there has been such a gap between this post and the last post.  I started school and have been trying to get my schedule in order there.  The last few weeks have been busy and I pray that this note finds everyone healthy and blessed.
                I have had on my mind the last few weeks a certain scripture out of Matthew.  Matthew 10:34-36:

                “ Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.  For I have come to turn
                                “a man against his father,
                                                A daughter against her mother
                                A daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
                                                A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.”
                This scripture speaks to me because I am feeling this right now.  I am engaged to be married and it seems the closer I get to God, the worse my relationship gets.  At one point, I was ready to get married and have a regular life.  Now, God has called me to do many things for him.  He started this writing ministry, he has opened doors for me to go to school for Biblical Studies, he is planting seeds for a women’s group in our town.  God has plans for each and every one of us.  I am feeling his presence in my life so strong.
                In that respect, it is so hard to experience hardship in your earthly relationships.  My fiancé knows that God comes first in my life, but it is hard for him to understand what that all entails.  It becomes a spiritual battle in my home.  My fiancé loves God, but he doesn’t feel called to serve him in the way I feel I have been called.
                What do you do when the people in your life are not on the same spiritual level that you are?  Do you write them off?  I have prayed on this subject and I am still awaiting a response.  Jesus told his disciples that he was coming with a sword.  That sword is his Word.  Always look to the Word and to God for your life’s toughest decisions.  (All decisions should be put before the Lord) 
                Love in Christ,
                                 Kristine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"