More Than A Conqueror

             

                 In the past week, I have had two friends from church come to me and broach the subject of suicide.  One of them was sharing her testimony of a time that she had thoughts of committing suicide the other had a suicidal thought just that morning.  Suicide is a very emotional topic for me.  In my personal life, I have dealt with my father’s suicide and an attempt at my own life when I was fifteen. 
                It has taken me years to realize how precious life really is.  I find myself at the oddest moments, laughing when I should be angry and smiling when I should be sad.  The joy of the LORD is a balm to any soul.  But, here I am, with two women I care about and one of them is admitting that she is contemplating taking her life.
                I prayed that God give me a Word for her.  All that kept coming to my mind was, “Tell her that I love her.”  So, I did.  I didn’t share my personal testimony.  I didn’t empathize with her.  I just held her and kept saying, “He loves you.”  It is sad to me that the enemy has become so desperate that he now tries to convince us of how little our lives are really worth.
                Here I am with a God-fearing woman, and the devil is trying so hard to break her down.  I have been praying for her and trying to see what else God has to say on this.  I felt directed to the Gospel of John.  In chapter one, verses 4 and 5 it says this: 
In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

                I personally think that the devil didn’t get the interoffice memo that told him that he was defeated a long time ago.  He is struggling and grasping at straws to hold onto us in any way that he can.  But God wins!  He made us the victors against the enemy long ago. 
                One of our Praise and Worship Songs by Hillsong keeps playing in my head:
“Same power that conquered the grave lives in me, lives in me, your love that rescued the earth lives in me, lives in me.”

Love In Christ,
Kristine





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"