Hearing God


I have heard the voice of God so clearly lately.  It is almost uncanny.  I feel that the Lord wants me on the mission’s field.  I also feel that he wants me to gain a better understanding of his Word and that he is preparing me for the days ahead.
                Just last night, I was telling Mrs. Lisa (my coworker and Pastor’s wife) about my desire to be a missionary.  I told her I wanted to go somewhere, but that I didn’t know exactly where, yet.  I want to go and work in the orphanages and share God’s love with the world. 
                Tonight at church, I felt completely undone by God.  During worship service, I just broke down and all I could say was, “God, I surrender all to you!  Please mold me into the woman you need me to be.”  Starting school has been stressful, but enlightening.  My home life has become tense.  It seems that the more God calls me, the harder life hits you.
                So, here I am, in worship, to the Most High King, and I can feel his presence so strong.  Our pastor got up and gave us a big surprise.  We had guests! Missionaries from Peru.  When Brother Lew got up to speak, the first thing he said was, “I feel God telling me that someone in here has been called to missions and has not yet answered the call.” 
                My mouth just fell open.  I didn’t expect this.  The ironic thing is that he was looking right at me.  My friend Cathy, who was sitting next to me, starts writing in her notebook and she shows me what she wrote.  “He is talking to you.”
                Brother Lew went on to tell us that they have need of two women; one younger woman and an older woman to serve in the orphanage they are building for young Peruvian girls.  Now remember, I just expressed this desire vocally to Mrs. Lisa the night before.  How clearly God answers you!!!  I was questioning myself and trying to measure myself up to the task.  It was like God spoke directly to me.
                The point of all of this is that when God speaks directly to you, answer the call.  Don’t doubt what the Lord has called you to do.  If he has called you in any type of ministry, step up and take your place.  He will provide all of the resources for you to do what he has asked you to do.
                Just a few months ago, the Lord told me to go back to school.  Not to further the degree I already have in nursing, but to take a step of faith and enroll at a Christian university and study Biblical Studies.  He then brings two wonderful people to my church to voice what I needed to hear.  God is preparing me for the calling he has put on my life. 
                In two years, I hope to be in Peru with Brother Lew and his wife.  I was able to speak with them at length after service and I feel plans already in motion.  I am so excited!!!
                Our God is so amazing!  Seek is presence and allow him to reveal his purpose for you.  The peace and joy that comes with that revelation is unlike anything you will ever experience.  It is like a jumbo puzzle and all the pieces have come together to form the most beautiful picture. 
Love in Christ,
Kristine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"