LIVING IN A HOUSE DIVIDED



    Okay sports fans, a house divided means some people in your house go for a certain team and you go for another.  Today, I want to talk about trying to live for God and still living part of your life in the world.  I am going to be blunt today.  It does not work.  It will not ever work.  No matter how gifted you feel you are at straddling the fence, you can not serve two masters.  You either want to live a life in the light, or you want to continue to keep darkness in your life.


    It is not easy to walk with God, but it is very much worth it.  The first thing is accepting Christ into your heart and repenting of your sins.  If you have been saved, but you feel that you need to renew this vow, it is not too late.  God loves you.  He sent His only begotten Son to die for you.  All of our sin has been cleansed away.  We are white as snow.  God knows that we can not do this on our own.  He is there to help us.  He is the strength we need to live a life for Him.

    I have spent a lot of time in my walk with God fighting a losing battle.  I thought that if I did most everything right.  I would be right.  It doesn't work that way.  Living like that left me feeling wrong.  I felt as if I was missing something important.  And I was.  I was missing the joy and peace that truly living in God's will brings.

    I was a worrier, I was sad and depressed, I was tired and weak.  I felt so discouraged all of the time.  It took me really getting in the Word to realize that I was missing so much.  God is a God of love, peace, hope, and joy.  He is strength.  He offers a life, not without problems, but full of solutions.  He is able to take all of your impossibilities and make them possible, even when man says it can not be done. 

    God is capable of more than you can ever imagine.  We get so wrapped up in circumstances that we forget who created the universe.  We forget all that God has done.  We lose out on an awesome inheritance. 

    I just want to encourage you today to get into His Word.  Learn what you have inherited.  Learn about your legacy.  Learn about how incredible God really is.  It will change your life.  It did mine and I wouldn't want my old life back, even for the world.


Love in Christ, 
Kristine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"