Something I needed to hear....




God loves you.  Those three words can change a life. The past few weeks have been busy.  I found myself putting God last in a lot of ways and it came to a point that He really got my attention.  I made the decision to take a break from some things to be able to really rest in God.  I wanted to be able to come to all of you and share what He has been speaking to me.
            Over and over again, it is “I love you.”  It is: I love you even though you mess up.  I love you even though you are imperfect.  I love you even when you think that you are unworthy of any love, from anywhere.  I LOVE YOU! 

            How wonderful it is to know that God loves us?  He loves us despite ourselves.  It is unconditional love and you will find no love like it anywhere else in the world.  So often we find ourselves seeking love and acceptance from places that will never fill the void we seek to fill.  God created us with the need to fill that void.  But, He wants us to fill that void with HIM. When we come to God and give over to His love and grace, we will never look to any other for that fulfillment again.  There is no greater feeling than resting in the love that God so eagerly and abundantly bestows upon His children. 
            You are that child.  We are those children that He loves so very much; A love so beautiful and profound that millions of people, daily try to find a love like that on earth.  However, they never find that acceptance or love that God is waiting to give to them.  It is so great to know that when we come and sit at God’s feet and give over to Him, that He will take away all the pain.  He will replace every tear.  He will hold you in His Heavenly arms and you will feel the love he offers. 
            Deuteronomy chapter seven opened my eyes to really see.  If you have your Bible near you, Please get it.  Open it up and read with me. 
Deuteronomy 7: 7, “The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other people, for you were the fewest of all people.” Verse 8 goes on to say, “But it was because the LORD loved you . . .”
            Because the LORD loved us He chose to make an everlasting covenant with us.  The Bible is not just a story book.  It is our inheritance and our history.  Everything in those 66 Books happened.  Those were real people and real situations.  They lived and breathed as you and I do.
            That covenant that the LORD made to Abraham thousands of years ago, still stands today.  We are Abraham’s descendants.  We are inheritors of the same promises that God made to Abraham all those years ago. 
            I want you to know that right now, wherever you are whatever you are doing, God loves YOU!! He cares for YOU!!  He hears YOU!! And He wants a relationship with YOU!!
            If you are to a place in your life where you feel that nothing is going right, He wants you to know that His love changes things.  If you are in a place where you feel no hope, He wants you to know that He is hope, love, and peace.  He wants you to know that coming to Him and allowing Him to love you will change not just your life, but you.  God wants the opportunity to love you.  He wants the opportunity to know you.  You are His chosen person, His chosen child, and He is ready to embrace you.  He is ready to work in you and in your life.  He is ready to bless you.


Lord, I ask that you forgive me today for all that I have done that has been sin against you.  I ask you to come into my heart and make a clean slate for me.  I come before you today in humble submission.  I am ready for you to be a part of my life.  I am ready to let you love me and I want to love you with everything that I am.  God please show me how to do this.  I have faith that you will see me through all of my troubles and that all the pain I have felt is wiped away.  I give to you all my troubles and I watch as they float away as if on a stream, never to return.  For you say that you give rest to the weary and that you love me despite all that I was and have been before this moment.  Lord, I give it up all to you.  All the worries, all the pain and I ask that you forgive me Lord, and create in me a new mind and teach me your ways.  Teach me how to walk in you Lord.  I praise you because you are a Holy God and you are my beginning and my end.  You complete every part of me because you created me.  You knew me before I was ever conceived in my mother’s womb.  You made me beautiful in the image of you, and everything you have created is good.  You love me and I accept that love and I am ready to love you back. 
In Jesus’ Mighty Name,
Amen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Pink Tornado"

"Like A Moth to A Flame"